Reuters has published sections of a new report from the International Atomic Energy Agency, the UN's nuclear watchdog, that is likely to add to the US case that Iran's nuclear programme represents a threat to US and regional security. The report notes that there has been no independent oversight of Iran's four declared nuclear enrichment facilities since June last year, which it characterises as a "matter of proliferation concern".
- Reuters notes, "It is the first time the [IAEA] has reported where uranium enriched to up to 60% purity, close to the 90% of weapons grade, has been stored. The tunnel complex's entrance was hit in US and Israeli military strikes in June but the facility seems largely unharmed, diplomats say."
- The agency says it "cannot provide any information on current size or whereabouts of Iran's enriched uranium stock, or whether it has suspended all enrichment." The report "reiterates previous reports finding that on June 13, when Israel launched attacks, Iran's stock of enriched uranium is estimated to have been 9,874.9 kg." It notes that "according to IAEA's definition, 125 kg of uranium enriched to 20% is theoretically enough, if enriched further, to produce a nuclear bomb."
- The report appears to support assertions by US President Donald Trump and senior members of his administration, including Special Envoy Steve Witkoff, that Iran may be taking steps to reconstitute its nuclear weapons programme. Witkoff told Fox on Saturday that Iran could be "a week away" from having "industrial-grade bomb-making material."